|Sun. August 26, 2012
Sunday, August 26th
Congregations in Hudson River Presbytery are invited to host/commission Young Adult Volunteers (YAVs), participants in a mission program of the Presbyterian Church (USA), as they begin their year of service.
Host churches will:
- hear inspiring stories of young adults and their passion for mission
- learn about one of the best kept secrets in the denomination
Each host church is expected to:
1. Provide transportation for the YAVs to/from Stony Point Conference Center on Sunday morning, along with lunch after worship
2. Give the YAVs an opportunity to share their story in with the congregation, e.g.: sermon, minute-for-mission, Christian ed., coffee hour, etc.
3. Have a commissioning for the YAVs as a part of the worship service
4. Provide opportunity/space for YAVs to share sponsorship materials and general YAV publicity materials
Interested churches should contact
Rev. Ben Larson-Wolbrink, First Presbyterian Church of Beacon
Be prepared to let her know:
· The name/contact information for those responsible for transporting the YAVs to/from your church.
· The number of YAVs you can host
· What time the YAVs should be ready for pick-up so you can get them from Stony Point to your church before worship.
[ Back to list of Featured Hudson Happening items ]